- State added 2,100 jobs in August; 7th consecutive month of job growth. State posted 1.5% job growth last 12 months, considerably higher than the U.S. rate of 0.2%.
- State unemployment fell to 8.8% (lowest since August 2009), and remained well below the U.S. rate of 9.6%.
- Six of 12 regions added jobs last month; half of regions added jobs year-over-year, with Merrimack Valley and Metro South regions showing high strongest growth.
- All private sector industries added jobs last month.
- Leisure & Hospitality (+2,800) and Professional & Business Services (2,700) posted largest monthly job gains.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
The Massachusetts Jobs & Policy Update is a monthly update that provides public officials with insight into state and regional job trends, as well as a snapshot of policy issues that are critical to the region's business community. Below are highlights from the September Jobs & Policy Update:
Posted by Michelle Frappolli at 3:46 PM